Boss: Guys, I have an issue - at one of our clients there is a problem with garbage collection. All experts are on holidays, who can help me?
Everyone looked to the boss - including me - but since I'm not experienced in that topic I just watched what happens. Nobody answered. My boss is not a developer - but he understands many things well at some degree.The Fish
Boss: Do you know what is garbage collection, right? I know that it is a scheduled process, which runs periodically, and get rid of unused objects.
Dead silence in the room. The developers looked suspiciously to my boss. They might thought that this is an exam and they can fail...
Boss: I know that there are object generations. Hands up, who knows how many are...
He raised his hand. Everybody was looking at his monitors - someone told loudly: "three".
I hoped that there will be a small conversation, and I can learn something new about garbage collection. Unfortunately it didn't happened, since my boss gave up - because everybody was sitting like a fried fish - without any intent to participate in the discussion.
I don't know who screwed up - the boss or the team that the conversation has been ended before it could have been started...

No comments:
Post a Comment